Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Well, to be fair, Colleen, my Delaware, just started an explosive molt so I am not expecting many from her. She is shedding white feathers like crazy. Looks like she's leaving a trail to find her way back to the coop when she's running around the yard.

Well, to be fair, Colleen, my Delaware, just started an explosive molt so I am not expecting many from her. She is shedding white feathers like crazy. Looks like she's leaving a trail to find her way back to the coop when she's running around the yard.

One of my sexlink she just started also she jumped off the roost this morning and jumped out of here house and shook off there were maybe 15 feathers laying on the ground.

Last edited:

Roo or pullet?

Today is my momma hen's 3rd day with her peeps, she is seperated from the flock, she is in a small enclosed coop with run, while everyone else is free range. Other chickens have been nosing around the coop, they see her and the peeps.

When/how do I let her out? Our free range flock consists of 19 hens (including momma) 1 roo, a turkey hen, and 2 khaki campbells.

When I do "free her" ......and when I do will she return to her original coop with the babies or back to her temp coop? I want to get her re-integrated appropriately, but I don't want to put the peeps in risk unneccessarily.

I was pretty sure pullet using wing feather on day 1 but she's a lot bigger than Jaebles and her head is further along in adult feathering. So thanks for settling my nerves on that. I do not need a baby roo!

Today is my momma hen's 3rd day with her peeps, she is seperated from the flock, she is in a small enclosed coop with run, while everyone else is free range. Other chickens have been nosing around the coop, they see her and the peeps. 

When/how do I let her out? Our free range flock consists of 19 hens (including momma) 1 roo, a turkey hen, and 2 khaki campbells. 

When I do "free her" ......and when I do will she return to her original coop with the babies or back to her temp coop? I want to get her re-integrated appropriately, but I don't want to put the peeps in risk unneccessarily.

Once the Littles are able to keep up with mama and quick enough to scamper away from problems you can let her out with supervision until you see how the rest treat them. Let mama decide where she wants to go at night.

Howdy folks! I haven't been on much (it's been crazy). Important question: does anyone here do bantams? I have a pair or trio of silver Sebrights, a pair of gold Sebrights, a pair of black & crele OEGBs, and some mismatched pairs/trios of banties.

I love them, but I'm really trying to steer myself toward production birds. If anyone in the centralish PA area is interested I'd be willing to sell them cheaply or make an interesting trade. If you're interested, please PM me. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom