Peep is gone

red horse ranch

Crowing
10 Years
Jan 24, 2014
Buffalo Wyoming
DSCN0837.JPG

I have written about Peep quite a few times on these forums. She was the 1st chick I ever hatched. July 10th, 2007. She hatched in a wooden box under a 40 watt light bulb. She was raised as a single chick in the house and she felt like she should be a house chicken the rest of her life. But she became the matriarch of hundreds of other chickens over the years. She was prolific egg layer. Last spring she laid 11 eggs at 11 years old.
But Peep died peacefully in her sleep last night. She just faded away over the last few months. She was 11 years and 9 months old. An amazing chicken. We will miss her. :(

View attachment 1731832
I have written about Peep quite a few times on these forums. She was the 1st chick I ever hatched. July 10th, 2007. She hatched in a wooden box under a 40 watt light bulb. She was raised as a single chick in the house and she felt like she should be a house chicken the rest of her life. But she became the matriarch of hundreds of other chickens over the years. She was prolific egg layer. Last spring she laid 11 eggs at 11 years old.
But Peep died peacefully in her sleep last night. She just faded away over the last few months. She was 11 years and 9 months old. An amazing chicken. We will miss her. :(
Really sorry for your loss, they are so special.

View attachment 1731832
What a sweet story, glad she had a great life:)

View attachment 1731832
☹Long great life thanks to you!

Back
Top Bottom