Peahen aggression

PeaFan

Songster
Mar 12, 2020
Wondering if peahens get aggressive towards the boys during mating season? My peahen started chasing and attacking the male. He mostly runs away from her, but she has cornered him a couple times. She follows him around just waiting for a reason to go at him.
It is happening in spurts so - Did I miss a failed mating attempt? If she is not ready or willing and he attempts it, will that tick her off enough to go after him? Hopefully she is not rejecting him completely.
I looked in the stickies but did not see anything on it. Thanks.

If he is not putting out it could be enough to get her mad. You don't want to cross a female with raging hormones. BTDT. As long as she is not damaging him they should work it out, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a hiding place.

If he is not putting out it could be enough to get her mad. You don't want to cross a female with raging hormones. BTDT. As long as she is not damaging him they should work it out, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a hiding place.
Thanks. There are some high perches he gets up on to get some peace. Hope they work it out - she is kinda stuck with him, divorce is not an option! 😏

Thanks. There are some high perches he gets up on to get some peace. Hope they work it out - she is kinda stuck with him, divorce is not an option! 😏
My sister used to say that, that was why she had an extra-large freezer in the basement. Your hen will still chase him up on the high roost, put an old pallet leaned up against the wall for him to hide under. She may have to use it too eventually.

Wondering if peahens get aggressive towards the boys during mating season? My peahen started chasing and attacking the male. He mostly runs away from her, but she has cornered him a couple times. She follows him around just waiting for a reason to go at him.
It is happening in spurts so - Did I miss a failed mating attempt? If she is not ready or willing and he attempts it, will that tick her off enough to go after him? Hopefully she is not rejecting him completely.
I looked in the stickies but did not see anything on it. Thanks.
Peacocks have their own way of interacting. They chase each other around at times. The males are obviously more slow moving due to their heavy plumage. They will fly to get away from each other but it’s not a harmful chase or trying to attack. They interact like that.

Back
Top Bottom