PBA(Parrot Beak Asil/Aseel) USA, Project(And Discussion Thread)

If you're a fan of Oriental Gamefowl, & want a unique Breed?

• Total voters
Someone for some reason still thinks Long is a mix due to his daughters laying colored eggs, though I know he's pure. He's got the double preen glands, which are a unique recessive trait that Oriental Gamefowl usually have. If he were a mix he wouldn't have that feature. View attachment 3766690Only a small percentage of Orientals won't have it, it also depends on variety/strain.
As someone that has seen hundreds of orientals, pure Malays included, Long doesn't have the characteristics of a full blooded Malay. The comb alone doesn't constitute purity.

If he was hatched from a mixed flock, even assuming the residing Malay (Goliath) was the the dominant breeder there is no absolute proof that Long is full Malay. The only way be sure of purebred breeding is to have all individuals separated a minimum of four weeks, preferably six weeks to ensure proper cleansing.

Another thing to consider is that siblings don't naturally mate with each. If they have the option of mating with others that are not siblings they will. How would I know? In 30 years of breeding chickens there are a few things that are observed.

You are allowed to believe long is pure Malay, we are just stating our observations based on hands-on experience. I also have had people tell me certain of my birds aren't pure for what I stated them as, I can only go by what the breeder told me that I got them from.

A full blooded Malay has a very distinct look, most birds that are called Malay here in the US don't have the pure Malay look. There are some that do, for instance, Goliath and his sister have the distinct Malay look, Long does not. This is why there are still some of us that think Long is a cross. Does that make sense?

As someone that has seen hundreds of orientals, pure Malays included, Long doesn't have the characteristics of a full blooded Malay. The comb alone doesn't constitute purity.

If he was hatched from a mixed flock, even assuming the residing Malay (Goliath) was the the dominant breeder there is no absolute proof that Long is full Malay. The only way be sure of purebred breeding is to have all individuals separated a minimum of four weeks, preferably six weeks to ensure proper cleansing.

Another thing to consider is that siblings don't naturally mate with each. If they have the option of mating with others that are not siblings they will. How would I know? In 30 years of breeding chickens there are a few things that are observed.

You are allowed to believe long is pure Malay, we are just stating our observations based on hands-on experience. I also have had people tell me certain of my birds aren't pure for what I stated them as, I can only go by what the breeder told me that I got them from.

A full blooded Malay has a very distinct look, most birds that are called Malay here in the US don't have the pure Malay look. There are some that do, for instance, Goliath and his sister have the distinct Malay look, Long does not. This is why there are still some of us that think Long is a cross. Does that make sense?
What type of Malay are you referring too anyway? Cuz these aren't the American type which I have already made clear. Indian Malays vary in appearance, & type.
Imported, & un-tampered with for years.

Yeah, I know how long it can take for another roosters sperm takes to be used up by a hen. But I've already shown my only Easter Egger rooster is Silver with Autosomal Red.
20201224_154859.jpg

My Malay rooster who died had the same shape comb as Long but it stood out more, & fatter.
Screenshot_20240308-121329_Gallery.jpg
Comparing pure Indian to American Malay make no sense, cuz they're completely two different varieties. One variety is the way they're supposed to be, & the other is ruined by picky people.

Here's how much Aseel breeds can vary in appearance. This is Desi which has great range of variation.
Screenshot_20240308-122454_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Someone for some reason still thinks Long is a mix due to his daughters laying colored eggs, though I know he's pure. He's got the double preen glands, which are a unique recessive trait that Oriental Gamefowl usually have. If he were a mix he wouldn't have that feature. View attachment 3766690Only a small percentage of Orientals won't have it, it also depends on variety/strain.
That is quite unique, do either of his parents show it?
It would be interesting to note whether it could be consistently selected for.

He's a good looking rooster for sure.
He is.

My Single Combed Malay boy looks like he may have a thick mane of hackles like Long once he's done maturing. He's a tad bit on the fluffy side as well.
20240308_134001.jpg
20240308_134003.jpg
20240308_134010.jpg
20240308_134012.jpg
20240308_134016.jpg
He's maturing into pearl eyes.
20240308_134221.jpg

Back
Top Bottom