PBA(Parrot Beak Asil/Aseel) USA, Project(And Discussion Thread)

If you're a fan of Oriental Gamefowl, & want a unique Breed?

• Total voters
Pics
Found a hidden clutch of eggs, & one is a small blue, green. So it was a Malay, most likely one of the 3 Long daughters, which don't make sense, unless there was a green/blue egg Malay in Goliath's ancestry.
20240222_093717.jpg

Found a hidden clutch of eggs, & one is a small blue, green. So it was a Malay, most likely one of the 3 Long daughters, which don't make sense, unless there was a green/blue egg Malay in Goliath's ancestry.
View attachment 3754403
It might be possible that Long is only half Malay, especially if the egg that Long hatched from was out of a mixed pen of chickens. It's not always only the dominant rooster that breeds the hen.

It might be possible that Long is only half Malay, especially if the egg that Long hatched from was out of a mixed pen of chickens. It's not always only the dominant rooster that breeds the hen.
I don't think so. My EE Rooster is Silver which is dominant over gold. Pheasant our only Blue Red Partridge, Columbian EE was slaughtered way before I hatched Long, so it's not his, Columbian gene is also dominant, & would've been noticed at hatch.

Agree with Troyer, green eggs don't just pop up in Oriental pens.
Some lines of Gamefowl actually lay blue/green eggs. Like certain lines of American Gamefowl that have Asian Ancestry. As an example.

But I'll let it be.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom