Parking lot chick! Advice needed please!

Thank you so much for your support and advice! Do you think I should add another chick for company? Or can a single chick survive..? (Not that I really NEED another chicken....lol) 🙏🙄😋

I wrote that last night! 😳

Since then, the other two chicks were brought to me, lol. Apparently that hen wasn't a great Mama. @BaaKaaawk my Chicken Math has gone off into addition and subtraction. We had one EE escape, so 45 Babies, plus my laying flock of 7, and now add the 3 parking lot chicks... Since I didn't choose them, they were rescued from a mob of hungry chicken. So.... oh wait! Plus my laying flocks "pet rooster", does he still count? He flew over the fence from the neighbors as well. Yep. I need a chicken calculator!
Do you know what breed the little chipmunk colored chicks are?
We had surprise hatch too this year, we thought we had lost a bantam hen. Last week I heard peeping under my house, and there was the hen with 15 chicks. :eek:

Do you know what breed the little chipmunk colored chicks are?
We had surprise hatch too this year, we thought we had lost a bantam hen. Last week I heard peeping under my house, and there was the hen with 15 chicks. :eek:
Oh dear! I'm guessing a purebred "parking lot" chicken! Part bantam-something, part Easter Egger, part..... tiny pretty chickens! The hen was a tiny thing, blackish-grey with a golden "garter" around her neck, poofy cheeks and a puff on her head. Rather like a mullet of feathers, without the "party in back" (just the poof)
The chicks are absolutely darling. One looks like a tiny Easter Egger, and the other two look like tiny, pretty bantams. Ii believe they hatched a week ago, today. Chichi
SO!!!

Is there anyone near Salem or Eugene, OR who would like to take these cuties home?? Please send me a m love them, but I need to find another home for them. They posed for this picture last night ♥️

Attachments

• IMG_20220412_014728733_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220412_014728733_HDR.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom