Our New Friends

BrandonsBirbs

Thanks HopKat for my PFM ♥
Feb 22, 2022
Berkshire, England
I have been told the blue and white one is a boy and the grey/purple and white is a girl. Hopefully they were right.
They're about 2-3 months old and have been out their nest for 8 weeks. I think the female is much younger!
Their new cage should be coming in the next two or three days and we are all super excited!

Attachments

• 20221106_162423.jpg
    20221106_162423.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20221106_162343.jpg
    20221106_162343.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221106_162516.jpg
    20221106_162516.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221106_162511.jpg
    20221106_162511.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Sweet things! Gender looks correct.

I'm not sure about feeding quail food to budgies long term. The budgie food I use (ZeuPreem) only has 14% protein. Have you checked Amazon or another online store for pellets? Feeding an all seed diet is not good for budgies. They can develop kidney and liver problems from eating to much (especially if it is mostly millet).

Sweet things! Gender looks correct.

I'm not sure about feeding quail food to budgies long term. The budgie food I use (ZeuPreem) only has 14% protein. Have you checked Amazon or another online store for pellets? Feeding an all seed diet is not good for budgies. They can develop kidney and liver problems from eating to much (especially if it is mostly millet).
Thank you! I will be very happy if the genders are right!

Yeah I thought the quail feed was a bit of a longshot haha. I was recommend a budgie seed mix by Maltby's. It looks good but definitely a lot of millet in there.

I looked at the ZeuPreem but £20 for 1kg of food? That's a big price to pay no? Maybe I'm too used to quail/chicken food but that seems just a lot of money. I'll keep looking, thank you!

Thank you! I will be very happy if the genders are right!

Yeah I thought the quail feed was a bit of a longshot haha. I was recommend a budgie seed mix by Maltby's. It looks good but definitely a lot of millet in there.

I looked at the ZeuPreem but £20 for 1kg of food? That's a big price to pay no? Maybe I'm too used to quail/chicken food but that seems just a lot of money. I'll keep looking, thank you!
That is a lot more expensive there then what it is here. I hope you can find something that works for you!

Did the breeder give you any food for them?

That is a lot more expensive there then what it is here. I hope you can find something that works for you!

Did the breeder give you any food for them?
They did not give any feed. I have bought the ZeuPreem feed for now, hoping I can find something more reasonable at a later date.

The lady has lost all flight feathers on one side, looks like they've been completely plucked out (as she's so young?) How long until they come back? Google gives from 4 wks to 18 months, not too helpful!

They did not give any feed. I have bought the ZeuPreem feed for now, hoping I can find something more reasonable at a later date.

The lady has lost all flight feathers on one side, looks like they've been completely plucked out (as she's so young?) How long until they come back? Google gives from 4 wks to 18 months, not too helpful!
Which type did you get of the ZuPreem?

She's probably going through her first molt. Most molts usually last around 3-5 weeks.

Which type did you get of the ZuPreem?

She's probably going through her first molt. Most molts usually last around 3-5 weeks.
Only one available, ZuPreem Natural Budgie and Small Bird Pellets. £19 for 2.25lb

There is a bit of blood were her feathers were attached, looks about one or two days old. She just had a last feather from that side come out. Other side is all okay.

Only one available, ZuPreem Natural Budgie and Small Bird Pellets. £19 for 2.25lb

There is a bit of blood were her feathers were attached, looks about one or two days old. She just had a last feather from that side come out. Other side is all okay.
A little blood from feathers falling out and new pin feathers growing in is normal. My budgies are also molting right now.

A little blood from feathers falling out and new pin feathers growing in is normal. My budgies are also molting right now.
Thank you so much for this, I am really struggling to find information online about budgies, every website says something completely differently!!! You're a star, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom