Order Up. Toaster oven Hatch-A-Long

Still no additional pips or peeps. The incubator is still running but I’m not really hopeful of additional hatching. I’m not sure where things went wrong but clearly something went wrong.

Anyway time for plan B. The one that did hatch has been moved to a brooder. He looks healthy and is eating and drinking. He is still a little wobbly on his feet but in his defense he hasn’t had a lot of room to move around and practice walking

I did go to my local Family Farm and Home and buy a couple friends for him. I got 2 Buff Orpingtons and one Cinnamon Queen. Chicks are on sale this week 1/2 price. It was only $6 and change for the 3 pullets. It was tough to resist buying RIR and BA as well but I already have more than enough chickens LOL

Lacy, my broody Wyandotte has been moved to the grow out coop. The move didn’t affect her broody behavior she is still sitting on her ceramic eggs. I’ll try swapping the eggs for chicks tonight.

View attachment 3818563View attachment 3818564View attachment 3818565
Aww.....cutie pies! :love I'm sure the little one appreciates the company. Keeping my fingers crossed more hatch yet! :fl

Still no additional pips or peeps. The incubator is still running but I’m not really hopeful of additional hatching. I’m not sure where things went wrong but clearly something went wrong.

Anyway time for plan B. The one that did hatch has been moved to a brooder. He looks healthy and is eating and drinking. He is still a little wobbly on his feet but in his defense he hasn’t had a lot of room to move around and practice walking

I did go to my local Family Farm and Home and buy a couple friends for him. I got 2 Buff Orpingtons and one Cinnamon Queen. Chicks are on sale this week 1/2 price. It was only $6 and change for the 3 pullets. It was tough to resist buying RIR and BA as well but I already have more than enough chickens LOL

Lacy, my broody Wyandotte has been moved to the grow out coop. The move didn’t affect her broody behavior she is still sitting on her ceramic eggs. I’ll try swapping the eggs for chicks tonight.

View attachment 3818563View attachment 3818564View attachment 3818565
I'm sorry to hear about the rest of the hatch! Hoping they'll still come soon!

I’m sorry your incubator isn’t giving you better hatches, any idea what is going wrong?

The new babies are adorable though! ❤️

I really wish I knew what is going wrong. Honestly it’s not even about wanting more chickens it’s about wanting answers. The simple answer is let the hens do it for me they want to do it and they are far better at it than I am.

I’m about to go way off topic but this is my thread and we’re all friends in her so here we go. Chickens are only my most recent hobby. In what feels like a lifetime ago I was big into electronics like building electrical circuits. I loved to solder components together writing and debug software real geeky stuff lol. This incubator was my attempt to bring these two worlds together

I didn’t design everything seen in the following videos but I was part of the development team and I hand soldered every component to make this stuff work.

Here is the Christmas lights on my house 13 years ago

Here is my Christmas tree 9 years ago. Pay attention to the ornaments as the sing all 4 parts or the harmony.

It just gets under my skin that I can simulate a chicken just sitting on a pile of eggs.

I really wish I knew what is going wrong. Honestly it’s not even about wanting more chickens it’s about wanting answers. The simple answer is let the hens do it for me they want to do it and they are far better at it than I am.

I’m about to go way off topic but this is my thread and we’re all friends in her so here we go. Chickens are only my most recent hobby. In what feels like a lifetime ago I was big into electronics like building electrical circuits. I loved to solder components together writing and debug software real geeky stuff lol. This incubator was my attempt to bring these two worlds together

I didn’t design everything seen in the following videos but I was part of the development team and I hand soldered every component to make this stuff work.

Here is the Christmas lights on my house 13 years ago

Here is my Christmas tree 9 years ago. Pay attention to the ornaments as the sing all 4 parts or the harmony.

It just gets under my skin that I can simulate a chicken just sitting on a pile of eggs.
Its easy to get frustrated with stuff that isn't working properly that should be in the first place. :hugs

Wow, you are quite talented, love your Christmas lights display and singing tree! ❤️

I took the one that hatched out to my Wyandotte. At first she snapped at my hand then at the chick a couple times and the chick ran from her. The chick was just standing there peeping for a minute or so while she watched. Then she started clucking to him. He followed her clucking and when he got to her she scooped him under her chest. I think she accepted him. I’ll wait an hour or so and start bringing the others out.

I brought the other 3 out all at once late last night. Lacy must have heard the chicks peeping before I even opened the door because she was calling for them. They all ran to her. When she stood up to let the chicks under I grabbed up every egg I saw. I’m not sure if I got them all because some of the girls donated eggs to her in the past couple days and I didn’t get a definite count of what she was laying on.

I didn’t want to get her all worked up and accidentally step on the chicks trying to fight me for eggs so I didn’t double check that I got them all. All signs look great this morning from what I can tell watching the coop camera

I brought the other 3 out all at once late last night. Lacy must have heard the chicks peeping before I even opened the door because she was calling for them. They all ran to her. When she stood up to let the chicks under I grabbed up every egg I saw. I’m not sure if I got them all because some of the girls donated eggs to her in the past couple days and I didn’t get a definite count of what she was laying on.

I didn’t want to get her all worked up and accidentally step on the chicks trying to fight me for eggs so I didn’t double check that I got them all. All signs look great this morning from what I can tell watching the coop camera
Your having very good luck with your hens accepting the babies... That's awesome. 👍

Back
Top Bottom