Order Up. Toaster oven Hatch-A-Long

Pics
None of them showed any signs of life so I pulled them out and did the eggtopsies. A couple looked like they might have drowned in the shell they were fully formed and yolk absorbed. They looked ready to hatch but they died. The majority were fully formed but still had some amount of yolk to absorb.

I’m still unsure if I am going to reload it and give it another shot. I feel like I was cold and would like to run it again a little warmer just to see if that helps.
I am so sorry, :hugs very heartbreaking for sure. 💔

None of them showed any signs of life so I pulled them out and did the eggtopsies. A couple looked like they might have drowned in the shell they were fully formed and yolk absorbed. They looked ready to hatch but they died. The majority were fully formed but still had some amount of yolk to absorb.

I’m still unsure if I am going to reload it and give it another shot. I feel like I was cold and would like to run it again a little warmer just to see if that helps.

:hugs so sorry the rest didn't make it! :hugs

Aw , that's so sad. I'm sorry. I hope you'll give it another shot! Whether you do or don't, we're here for you! 🙂

I just set 16 more eggs. This time I chose to set less eggs than last time. I know that the incubator is a little colder in the back than it is in the front. I thought last time that things would be ok if I moved the eggs in and out of the colder zone as I turned them. Things didn’t go well so this time I am not setting any eggs in that back row.

I am also running the fan at a lower speed than I did before the lower speed doesn’t look like it is affecting the temperature but it does seem to give me more control over humidity. I had to close the vents almost completely to bring the humidity up before. I think the fan was blowing the humidity out the vents. With the slower fan speed it hold the humidity in better than before.

I just set 16 more eggs. This time I chose to set less eggs than last time. I know that the incubator is a little colder in the back than it is in the front. I thought last time that things would be ok if I moved the eggs in and out of the colder zone as I turned them. Things didn’t go well so this time I am not setting any eggs in that back row.

I am also running the fan at a lower speed than I did before the lower speed doesn’t look like it is affecting the temperature but it does seem to give me more control over humidity. I had to close the vents almost completely to bring the humidity up before. I think the fan was blowing the humidity out the vents. With the slower fan speed it hold the humidity in better than before.
Best wishes with this hatch, sometimes you just need to fiddle with something until you hit the sweet spot!

true-dat.gif

Best wishes with this hatch, sometimes you just need to fiddle with something until you hit the sweet spot!

Update on the chicks. The incubator chicks are doing well brooder temperature is 90 on the warm side food and water on the cool side to encourage them to explore the whole area. They like hanging out under the heat most of the day
IMG_4500.jpeg

IMG_4499.jpeg

Momma hen doesn’t read and if the rules and has her babies outside temps are in the mid 60s winds in the teens gusting to 20+mph. Babies look healthy but I haven’t been able to get a real close look at them. momma has made it clear that she doesn’t need or want any help she’s got it.
IMG_4493.jpeg
IMG_4492.jpeg
IMG_4495.jpeg

Update on the chicks. The incubator chicks are doing well brooder temperature is 90 on the warm side food and water on the cool side to encourage them to explore the whole area. They like hanging out under the heat most of the day
View attachment 3796507
View attachment 3796511
Momma hen doesn’t read and if the rules and has her babies outside temps are in the mid 60s winds in the teens gusting to 20+mph. Babies look healthy but I haven’t been able to get a real close look at them. momma has made it clear that she doesn’t need or want any help she’s got it. View attachment 3796508View attachment 3796509View attachment 3796510
Lots of cuteness here, ❤ thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom