Order Up. Toaster oven Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Thank you! That is so cool! I love being innovative and making things. I believe an incubator would be a bit beyond my skill set but I'm very fascinated by yours! Got me thinking though since microwaves have a turning plate I wonder if you could disable the microwave part and do something similar and have a turner! If you're a skilled electrical tinker of course, which I am not lol
A microwave did cross my mind both for the larger capacity and the possibility of a built in turning mechanism. The two biggest issues were i didn’t want that screen on the window and wasn’t sure if it could be removed without breaking the glass. And I couldn’t find one on the cheap at the time of build.

I don’t really mind hand turning. Honestly I have a hard time keeping my fingers out of it. I just like the feeling of being part of the process so it works for me. I currently have a broody hen sitting on eggs and I feel the need to go check on her all the time. She needs absolutely nothing from me other than the food and water that I give the whole flock. But I just need to go check several times a day lol

Now I can't get my mind off of it! It's insulated has a turner a light and has a fan too! Seems it would be perfect if you could just disable the microwave part. Thank goodness I am not good enough with electronics or I would be derailed for the next week and the kids popcorn days would be over 🤣
The Ronco Showtime Rotisserie would also be a great candidate, clean glass rotisserie could be modified to tilt rather than spin, and it’s literally made for chickens

A microwave did cross my mind both for the larger capacity and the possibility of a built in turning mechanism. The two biggest issues were i didn’t want that screen on the window and wasn’t sure if it could be removed without breaking the glass. And I couldn’t find one on the cheap at the time of build.

I don’t really mind hand turning. Honestly I have a hard time keeping my fingers out of it. I just like the feeling of being part of the process so it works for me. I currently have a broody hen sitting on eggs and I feel the need to go check on her all the time. She needs absolutely nothing from me other than the food and water that I give the whole flock. But I just need to go check several times a day lol
I absolutely love yours! Made my mind wander because Ive always known I'd blow a hatch if I had to keep up with it manually. It would make it more fun though to be more involved if I trusted myself! Actually found it on YouTube I was so curious and someone did do it!

:celebrate good morning toaster eggos!
Let's go Scrambled and rest of the menu!

Scrambled, here's some local wildflowers just for you, the common name is Scrambled Eggs 😁

Attachments

• IMG_2024-03-12-11-04-54-954.jpg
    IMG_2024-03-12-11-04-54-954.jpg
    559.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom