Ontario, Canada

Hi from Ottawa Canada!

I’m actually located in Gatineau Quebec (right beside Ottawa) and I am interested in raising 3-4 backyard chickens. I am currently building my coop to be ready for Spring. I have been reading many of these articles but I am hoping to meet someone with local experience.
I need to decide on a breed and then find breeder. Help would be appreciated. I am looking for a hearty cold weather breed that lays eggs in the winter. But I want a nice natured chicken that will not peck my kids.

For my coop I am very concerned about getting the right amount of ventilation. I have read a lot of the articles from others worried about winter heaters only to discover that they are in Florida… I want to build my coop so that I don’t need a heat source, but I am worried about the days when it gets down to -35 degrees with the wind chill. I would love if someone from my area or in a similar climate could share their experiences with me.

Hello fellow Canadians! ! I am currently looking for good homes for a few of my roos from this year's hatch. They are Jersey Giants. ..if anyone is interested please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom