One way to Open a Sewn Feed Bag

416bigbore

Ruffus and Big Boy
Jun 11, 2020
NC
Has anyone ever had any issues with trying to open a sewn feed bag? Over my many years of opening sewn feed sacks from time to time. I have always known it to be a 50/50 shot of pulling on the right string to release the sewn seam perfectly. Then when I would pull on the wrong string it would turn things into a real wrestling match at that point! I thought this link might be helpful information for some to avoid a little frustration. :he

Has anyone ever had any issues with trying to open a sewn feed bag? Over my many years of opening sewn feed sacks from time to time. I have always known it to be a 50/50 shot of pulling on the right string to release the sewn seam perfectly. Then when I would pull on the wrong string it would turn things into a real wrestling match at that point! I thought this link might be helpful information for some to avoid a little frustration. :he

Aww thank you so much! I always end up using a scissor. Until now this is ☺ Thanks!

Oddly enough, I was opening a new bag of feed this morning and it didn't go so well, I grabbed the wrong string! :he

Oddly enough, I was opening a new bag of feed this morning and it didn't go so well, I grabbed the wrong string! :he
Me too. I think Pennington Bird Seed bags have the “pull end” tied with extra knots!! After trying to untie the extra knot and pulling failed, I scissored off all the extra tape and string right of the bag and luckily found the right string.

Me too. I think Pennington Bird Seed bags have the “pull end” tied with extra knots!! After trying to untie the extra knot and pulling failed, I scissored off all the extra tape and string right of the bag and luckily found the right string.
If I have to use scissors I might as well cut the bag to begin with.

I've always found that if I have problems pulling the string off, then just try from the other sides. There are 4 options (2 ends and pulling to 2 sides), but one is guaranteed to pull easily and open the bag in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom