One month old poult gagging?

May 5, 2024

One month old poult gagging?

One of our 1-mo royal palm poults, Pappy, started shaking his/her head and almost gagging a few days ago. Today, it seems to be incessant. He’s shaking his head and almost exhaling hard. He does chirp but it sounds raspy. None of the other poults have any similar symptoms. He also seems to be eating and drinking. I’m planning to call our vet tomorrow but my advice or idea what could have happened?? I’m always worried going into a vet visit and fear the worst. Pappy flew right up to me, was walking around, intermittently calling for his brothers and sisters but won’t stop doing this.

Also on a side note and not sure if it is just coincidence but it did seem to start shortly after I gave them some cantaloupe melon a few days ago. It is worse now, however. I do not feel any lumps or masses in his neck/crop. I’m very worried and even more worried about what the vet might say. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Don’t mind the stains on the carpet - it’s from our peloton mat sticking to that area before we moved it for the brooders.

Not sure if this link below works :-/

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ffQqwTkDqSkOH16CvQojNneA

Your link doesn't work for me. To upload a video, you need to post it on Youtube first, then link it back to here.

Welcome to BYC!! :frow

Back
Top Bottom