Olive Eggers..8 weeks Boys or Girls?

Quote:
ep.gif
Uh Boy oh boys!!! So out of 5 Olive eggs three more than likely boys then .. I think 2 pullets 1 pea 1 straight..

I think I am gonna keep this big handsome fella
ya.gif
..what do you think? I named him Beetlejuice
droolin.gif
He seems very alert and protective..He has the Pea comb so would that mean he along with a Pea combed OE Pullet would produce some more OE's?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/76733_beetlejuice_and_his_girls.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/76733_img-20110522-00089.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/76733_img-20110523-00188.jpg

Ok I feel like a bubble buster tonight:( OE X OE will produce brown eggers:( Keep him (beetlejuice) and breed with your straight combed girl=OE's
smile.png

Keep your straight combed roo over your pea comb pullet=OE You have to go back and forth to continue the colors of OE's

OK One more question So, when you say breed Beetle with my straight comb girls..even those straight combs.. they came out of an Olive egg that' s still OK to breed w/ the Pea comb Roo? because I also have pure French Black Copper Marans, and Pure Ameracaunas...and of course the ones above..

FUN FUN FUN!!!

And Thank you for your time & Advice!!

Quote:
Ok I feel like a bubble buster tonight:( OE X OE will produce brown eggers:( Keep him (beetlejuice) and breed with your straight combed girl=OE's
smile.png

Keep your straight combed roo over your pea comb pullet=OE You have to go back and forth to continue the colors of OE's

OK One more question So, when you say breed Beetle with my straight comb girls..even those straight combs.. they came out of an Olive egg that' s still OK to breed w/ the Pea comb Roo? because I also have pure French Black Copper Marans, and Pure Ameracaunas...and of course the ones above..

FUN FUN FUN!!!

And Thank you for your time & Advice!!

Yes, because now your straight combed girl will lay chocolately eggs-but mated with the pea combed roo that now carries the colored egg gene-the baies hatched out will be OE's again-so your stright combed roo carries the dark choc egg gene and mated with the pea combed girl who will lay OE's to begin with will lay darker OE eggs..I think I got that right-dont want to confuse myself!
tongue.png

Last edited:
Here is my straight combed girl from and OE egg
25181_cimg5254.jpg

I love her even though she's totally skittish but her eggs are so dark and lovely. If I mated her to a Pea combed male-the resulting babies who are pea combed will be OE's
smile.png
I must say excuse the mud...the snow was just melting and they got out to free range for the first time in months when I took that photo in April!

Last edited:
Quote:
Ohh She a stunning gal!
thumbsup.gif
Pretty! I see that "pullet" hen shaped body you were talking about..and I will say all my OE's are on the skittish side not lovey like some of the other breeds.. Oh well.

Quote:
Ohh She a stunning gal!
thumbsup.gif
Pretty! I see that "pullet" hen shaped body you were talking about..and I will say all my OE's are on the skittish side not lovey like some of the other breeds.. Oh well.

thanks! I love her she has no bleeding through in feathers at all jet black with a gorgeous green sheen:) Ill me palying with her genetics in the Fall:)

Late to the party but yah, both Roos IMO. I have five OE's here and they are just starting to pink up a little at 15 weeks old.
tongue.png
(Still hoping mine are girls, but that's a good sign)..

Back
Top Bottom