NY chicken lover!!!!

Did a quick candle the other night and moved the questionable eggs, followed up tonight. Tossed 8 Wyandotte, have 6 remaining. Tossed 4 ameraucana/OE, have 12 remaining. And out of my own eggs, tossed 1 infertile and 1 blood ring, 5 remaining.
On the shipped eggs, the air cells are really wonky, believe they are what you consider saddle shaped. I let the eggs set 2 days before loading into the bator and Turner, but thinking I should have left the Turner off for a day. :/ Hoping for the best at this point. Hubby is worried one of our eggs is going to be a naked neck Spitz cross.

If you go to your original ad, there is a link to click and close your listing.
Thanks, found it and did it. Post new ad for Marsh Daisy eggs.
smile.png

Have you contacted Chicken Girl 15? She may have some eggs available. Welcome to Chicken Cowboy 02 :)

I know I could rely on her, but I'm going to try and find some closer. Chicken Girl is only 40 minutes away!
This storm hit us fairly hard, and I've been pretty focused on clean-up the last few days.

I have a couple secondhand Eglus, I like using them for broody hens, introducing chicks to the outdoors and bachelor pad. I don't use them year round. In summer months I make sure they set where it is shaded in afternoon.
I'm in Marathon and willing to donate. I have a mixed flock of LF. I'll start setting aside the good looking eggs. How many and when do you need them by? Hopefully this snow stops soon!

I should be able to get some from a mixed flock owned by my neighbor, but before I set them, I'd like to make sure they will have homes. I have limited space available, and I was really hoping to pick up some more black copper marans this spring for myself.
Or we will wait until after spring break.

We ended up with about 30-33 inches yesterday. I tried to measure today, but with all the blowing and drifting it was hard to tell what was accurate. There was about 9 inches of my 4 ft garden fence visible.

I included some photos of the dog helping me take care of the chickens, the door to our chicken run and the path my DH shoveled today so we could get out there.

[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:
Did a quick candle the other night and moved the questionable eggs, followed up tonight. Tossed 8 Wyandotte, have 6 remaining. Tossed 4 ameraucana/OE, have 12 remaining. And out of my own eggs, tossed 1 infertile and 1 blood ring, 5 remaining.
On the shipped eggs, the air cells are really wonky, believe they are what you consider saddle shaped. I let the eggs set 2 days before loading into the bator and Turner, but thinking I should have left the Turner off for a day. :/ Hoping for the best at this point. Hubby is worried one of our eggs is going to be a naked neck Spitz cross.

I only hatch shipped eggs (a few hundred thus far) and sometimes there is no way to mitigate shipping damage I have had lots of saddled air cell chicks hatch just fine. I always put the big side up when I set them to hatch and occasionally they need to be assisted while others pop out no problem. I have tried a variety of things too but the only really issues are w/ the detached air cells. So good luck
1f91e.png

I know I could rely on her, but I'm going to try and find some closer. Chicken Girl is only 40 minutes away!
This storm hit us fairly hard, and I've been pretty focused on clean-up the last few days.
i have eggs, a ton of eggs. What color do you wish? I have green and dark brown and light brown and tan and white and some that almost look pink.

i have eggs, a ton of eggs. What color do you wish? I have green and dark brown and light brown and tan and white and some that almost look pink.

I've got a neighbor lined up for now, but I'm going to talk to the teacher and see what she wants to do....I might try to arrange to do this all after spring break. Now that we have lost so many days, it might be easier!

Back
Top Bottom