Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2

Can you see the saddle feathers on the 2 new pix I posted.  Interested to learn what I'm looking for in regards to male vs female feathers

Obviously I'm learning too, lol! and I'm sorry to have confused the issue. I wasn't doubting that FarmGal was correct. I was just showing that sometimes these aren't so easy. That's why I watch this thread... to learn too. But yes, I can see it now.

Makes me wonder who was the one mistaken when they sold me these "hens" at about 14 weeks of age. The breeder who sold them as chicks or the owner who advertised them as golden comets ready to start laying any day now given the red comb....(he was rehomeing about 4 of his chickens due to his HOA rules on how many chickens he could have....when DH picked them up, he said the owner and he just chased around like 8 golden comets and these were the 2 they caught...so it was "random" who we got)
More likely the breeder is at fault. Not everybody understands what makes the sexing for 'sexlink' birds work. Most flock owners don't even realize that they are a crossbreed, and that they don't breed true.

2ymggp5.jpg

fa625e.jpg

This is like my 3rd or 4th time posting these birds. I have been told numerous times that they're both roosters but I believe otherwise. What does everyone else think? These are Orpingtons that are right at 3 months old.

2ymggp5.jpg

fa625e.jpg

This is like my 3rd or 4th time posting these birds. I have been told numerous times that they're both roosters but I believe otherwise. What does everyone else think? These are Orpingtons that are right at 3 months old.
Both are still cockerels. Pullets simply don't get that red, that early. Male feathering should be coming in within the next couple of weeks.

ok so last week I found out my Oliver egger wasn't pure maran over ee because of the cushion comb. So today in all the flooding I went to get a welsummer chick. Is this a barnvelder and not a welsummer ? I read welsummer pullets have a v on their head. Ahhhhhhh help. Junebuggena

Both are still cockerels. Pullets simply don't get that red, that early. Male feathering should be coming in within the next couple of weeks. 

If that be the case, what about the Brahma behind one of the Orpingtons? It's 2 months old and was ordered as a pullet from Cackle. I have several chicks ordered as pullets from Cackle that are showing pink already at 2 months old

Back
Top Bottom