Not a pure silkie?

I'm super confused on silkie terminology. Am I understanding this right(?):

"Sizzle" is the improper term for a satin. Both words mean the exact same thing. Satins/Sizzles come in both smooth and frizzled feathers.

"Showgirl" is the improper term for a naked neck. Both words mean the same thing.

You can call a showgirl a silkie, but you can't call a satin a silkie. I don't get it.

Whoever came up with terminology should be fired.

Last edited:
I know so confusing. According to the ABA book of SOP necked neck is a variety of silkie, so that’s why it’s a necked neck Silkies and it competes against Silkies.
Breeders that are showing Satins are trying to get them recognized as there own breed not a variety of silkie. Satin are only barbed feather so smooth or frizzled. Silkie are silkies feather and frizzles Silkie feather.

I know so confusing. According to the ABA book of SOP necked neck is a variety of silkie, so that’s why it’s a necked neck Silkies and it competes against Silkies.
Breeders that are showing Satins are trying to get them recognized as there own breed not a variety of silkie. Satin are only barbed feather so smooth or frizzled. Silkie are silkies feather and frizzles Silkie feather.

Thanks for the clarification. It is confusing. :)

Back
Top Bottom