Northern, IL or Southern, WI looking for matching duck

Kf85

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2018
Hello,

My daughters found an egg on our property, outside of a nest and naturally wanted to hatch it. Well after 28 days, it ended up being what we think is a Mallard or American Black duck. After caring for it for about 3 weeks, it's really bonded with the girls. We tried to give it to a local wildlife rehab, but they said since it's human imprinted it wouldn't do well in the wild. We decided to keep it and are building a den/house.

We don't want him/her to be lonely so we're looking for another duckling around 3 weeks. Younger or older is fine, but we would really only want one. Now I know this is a hard request and that's why I've came here. We've been looking through hatcheries and most won't do less than 3-5. Even then when you get a small amount they charge a crazy high handling fee(which is understandable).

I was wondering if anyone in Northern, IL or Southern, WI had a duck they would like to sell? Going to a good home and for a good cause. Breed doesn't matter. Preferable a female for the eggs, but sex isn't important. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello,

My daughters found an egg on our property, outside of a nest and naturally wanted to hatch it. Well after 28 days, it ended up being what we think is a Mallard or American Black duck. After caring for it for about 3 weeks, it's really bonded with the girls. We tried to give it to a local wildlife rehab, but they said since it's human imprinted it wouldn't do well in the wild. We decided to keep it and are building a den/house.

We don't want him/her to be lonely so we're looking for another duckling around 3 weeks. Younger or older is fine, but we would really only want one. Now I know this is a hard request and that's why I've came here. We've been looking through hatcheries and most won't do less than 3-5. Even then when you get a small amount they charge a crazy high handling fee(which is understandable).

I was wondering if anyone in Northern, IL or Southern, WI had a duck they would like to sell? Going to a good home and for a good cause. Breed doesn't matter. Preferable a female for the eggs, but sex isn't important. Thank you!

Hi, I don't know if you are interested in a Muscovy, they end up a lot bigger. I have ducklings about that age and younger. You would need a hen as the boys get too big. I can try and pick out a hen. I have more luck with the slightly older ducklings. The other issue is we really don't handle them so you'd need to do some work. I've had other folks get them at this age and they tamed extremely well.

Hi Baybrio. We are interested in any duck that can provide companionship to ours. Sorry for the late reply, But do you still have some for sale? A hen preferred.

Back
Top Bottom