North Carolina

Quote:

Hey Nifty, I'm a California transplant to NC. I was born and raised in San Jose and then moved to the Central Valley to raise my kids.

Living here has its huge advantages in terms of lower cost of living, far less crime and a slower pace of living. Shopkeepers, public service employees, etc. are WAY friendlier. If you're in the hi-tech profession, you should be able to get a job in the Charlotte or Raleigh-Durham area. There are also tons of great colleges and universities here.

Disadvantages (at least for me) are difficulty finding friends, humidity, lack of cultural diversity and the fact that SERIOUS racism still exsists here.

But every place has it's good and bad, and for the most part, I'm glad I moved here. After all, living here has brought chickens into my life!
wink.png
Welcome neighbor I live right above charlotte about 30 min. I moved here in 1996 . It’s changed since I moved here from Fla I like it better. Why can’t everyone treat each other nice? I raised my fluids to be colorblind, it’s what on the inside that matters. God just made us all different shades.
Quote:

Hey Nifty, I'm a California transplant to NC. I was born and raised in San Jose and then moved to the Central Valley to raise my kids.

Living here has its huge advantages in terms of lower cost of living, far less crime and a slower pace of living. Shopkeepers, public service employees, etc. are WAY friendlier. If you're in the hi-tech profession, you should be able to get a job in the Charlotte or Raleigh-Durham area. There are also tons of great colleges and universities here.

Disadvantages (at least for me) are difficulty finding friends, humidity, lack of cultural diversity and the fact that SERIOUS racism still exsists here.

But every place has it's good and bad, and for the most part, I'm glad I moved here. After all, living here has brought chickens into my life!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom