No Eggs!!!

Friendly_Lurker

Free Ranging
Jan 27, 2020
Kansas
My birds are just finishing up their molt, and they're not laying any eggs at all. Usually I'll get a few every day, even during the winter, as I have 20-30 laying hens. The ducks aren't laying either. The guinea birds may be laying behind a coop. They're also eating about twice as much as usual. I set traps, but haven't caught anything. They seem healthy and happy. Any ideas?

My birds are just finishing up their molt, and they're not laying any eggs at all. Usually I'll get a few every day, even during the winter, as I have 20-30 laying hens. The ducks aren't laying either. The guinea birds may be laying behind a coop. They're also eating about twice as much as usual. I set traps, but haven't caught anything. They seem healthy and happy. Any ideas?

Attachments

• alices-egg-plant-c2a9-walt-disney.jpg
    alices-egg-plant-c2a9-walt-disney.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 16
My young 7 month olds are laying but my old girls who have just finished moult aren't producing much. Our RIR at 3 1/2 years hasn't laid an egg since late July and our Easter egger who is usually reliable is only laying 1 or 2 a week when she's in the mood. We've had bad air and extreme heat along with the Northern California fires so maybe just a bad year?

Back
Top Bottom