Newbie chicken Mom with a lethargic hen

nurserain

Chirping
Feb 9, 2019
we live in Casper, Wyoming and have 7 hens since April 2018. 2 Barred rocks, 2 Rhode Island reds, 2 speckled Sussex and one golden laced Wyandotte. We love our girls and I never imagined they could be so much fun and people oriented. After a tough day at work it is so nice to come home to them.
One of the Barred rock hens has been lethargic . Last night she was not on the roost but instead was in the hay underneath the nesting box. We put her on the roost and she stayed all night..same thing happened tonight. Today she was eating and drinking water but wasn’t her perky self. It’s been really cold here the last 2 days but the coop stays mid 30-40ish and they do have access to an enclosed covered outside area during the day...closed in the coop after dark. Any thoughts to help us figure this out would be greatly appreciated

:yesss: :welcome :yesss:
Welcome to our eggcelent flock here at BYC

E4DD60FA-11FE-40CF-A8E4-FBEFC55BD927.jpeg

Hi and welcome to BYC. I hope that the ER folks can help you out.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom