New to raising ducks

Welcome to BYC. Are you feeding a diet especially formulated for ducklings? If not you may want to supplement with Niacin.
Thanks. I work at a tractor supply, I talked to a coworker who knows lots about ducks. I got some information from her. She recommended swim therapy so get him to use his legs, strengthen it. I am currently feeding food that contains a niacin supplement.

Hello everyone, I’m new to raising ducks. I have never raised any type of bird. I got two baby ducks yesterday they are maybe a week old now.

One of the ducks I got has curled toes, I’ve done some research and found out how to make a boot. We got the boot on today, he seems to be getting around pretty good!!

Does anyone have any advice about curled toes and boots? How long do they need the boot, do I take it off or keep it on all the time?

Thanks
Welcome. Very cute duck. You are supposed to unwrap and check to evaluate for correction every 48-hours. Also, a B2 deficiency is another cause.

Welcome. Very cute duck. You are supposed to unwrap and check to evaluate for correction every 48-hours. Also, a B2 deficiency is another cause.
Thank you. I took the boot off, looking much better. I think he’ll still need another boot though. Also working on swim therapy, recommend by a coworker who knows lots about poultry.

Back
Top Bottom