New to Chickens

jkarchner65

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2023
Hi my name is Jim and I will be starting with my first small flock this summer. My wife and I are building a new house in the country with some land and are looking forward to living where the air is fresh and the neighbors are close but not too close. I ordered a few Rhode Island Red and Barred Rock chicks for delivery in mid summer. I have been reading a lot of books and articles on chickens in recent months and have learned a lot about raising chicks, feeding and watering, and sheltering, protecting and exercising the flock. I lived on a small farmette when I was a kid in the late 70's and early 80's and raised Bobwhite Quail on my own from incubation to adulthood. I remember really enjoying learning, watching and caring for the quail and I am confident it will be even more fun (and productive) with chickens. I am looking forward to having a place where I can ask questions and share experiences. Thank you for having me!

Hi my name is Jim and I will be starting with my first small flock this summer. My wife and I are building a new house in the country with some land and are looking forward to living where the air is fresh and the neighbors are close but not too close. I ordered a few Rhode Island Red and Barred Rock chicks for delivery in mid summer. I have been reading a lot of books and articles on chickens in recent months and have learned a lot about raising chicks, feeding and watering, and sheltering, protecting and exercising the flock. I lived on a small farmette when I was a kid in the late 70's and early 80's and raised Bobwhite Quail on my own from incubation to adulthood. I remember really enjoying learning, watching and caring for the quail and I am confident it will be even more fun (and productive) with chickens. I am looking forward to having a place where I can ask questions and share experiences. Thank you for having me!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom