New to chickens need IDs please.

MrTexan87

Chirping
Apr 20, 2024
Hello all im new here to the forums and was trying to ID some of the hens i got. Unfortiinatly i dont know much as they were just dropped of with me by a friend who doesnt know much either lol. I tried to get decent pictures of some but they move alot lol.

Attachments

• 20240418_100924.jpg
    20240418_100924.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20240418_100907.jpg
    20240418_100907.jpg
    720.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240418_100252.jpg
    20240418_100252.jpg
    826 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240418_100306.jpg
    20240418_100306.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 18
:welcome

1st chicken is a rooster and the breed, I'm not sure
2nd chicken is a hen and the breed is BLACK STAR
3rd chicken is a rooster and the breed is LEGHORN
4th chicken, I'm not sure, could you get a better picture of this one?

:welcome

1st chicken is a rooster and the breed, I'm not sure
2nd chicken is a hen and the breed is BLACK STAR
3rd chicken is a rooster and the breed is LEGHORN
4th chicken, I'm not sure, could you get a better picture of this one?
Roosters? Maybe they are bad pictures but they all have been laying eggs everyday. So im confused lol none of them crow or anything.

Hmmm, if you look at the first picture for example the saddle feathers (feathers by the tail) are pointed down, and he also has sharp pointy spurs.
You could certainly be right im brand new to chickens so i have no idea but they havent crowed or anything like that so i was assuming lol

They are all hens. Spurs definitely are not exclusive to roosters, and the two pictured that have visible spurs do not have any masculine feathering and have feminine colorations.

The first, third, and fourth pictures appear to be some kind of gamefowl or gamefowl mixes. None of them have the appropriate leg or earlobe color for a Leghorn, so it's pretty unlikely that's what any of them are.

The one in the second picture, I'd like to see a picture of her standing up if possible. I'd guess she's a mix of some kind, maybe a kind of black sexlink as mentioned by the other poster, but I could not give you any more certain of an answer than that from the picture provided.

They are all hens. Spurs definitely are not exclusive to roosters, and the two pictured that have visible spurs do not have any masculine feathering and have feminine colorations.

The first, third, and fourth pictures appear to be some kind of gamefowl or gamefowl mixes. None of them have the appropriate leg or earlobe color for a Leghorn, so it's pretty unlikely that's what any of them are.

The one in the second picture, I'd like to see a picture of her standing up if possible. I'd guess she's a mix of some kind, maybe a kind of black sexlink as mentioned by the other poster, but I could not give you any more certain of an answer than that from the picture provided.
Good point. I assumed the first one was a rooster because of the saddle feathers

Hello all im new here to the forums and was trying to ID some of the hens i got. Unfortiinatly i dont know much as they were just dropped of with me by a friend who doesnt know much either lol. I tried to get decent pictures of some but they move alot lol.
All hens 1000%. Idk what some of the other people were saying. A couple of them look like American gamefowl or gamefowl mixes. The first one is probably a kelso or kelso mix. The third one is probably a grey mix. I know there's a gamefowl breed that looks like that dark one but I don't know it right now. They all look gamey to me.

Back
Top Bottom