New to BYC

Guybythelake

Chirping
Nov 12, 2021
Hi my name is Bert. I presently live in the sunniest city in the world, Yuma Az.(sometimes the hottest too) But it's a dry heat!!!
My best friend and luckily my wife and I purchased a few acres in 2014 as our "Empty nest Project."
After years of living/working in big cities in multiple states it is nice to settle back into country living. I was raised on acreage with cattle, horses, chickens etc...
I'm just a long haired, redneck, country boy, glad to be back 'in the country' less than 30 miles from where I was raised!
(1)Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? 70s.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Haven't counted lately. 1 flock of silkies about 20, 1 flock of mixed larger breeds, 2 frizzles, a flock of ducks.

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Spoiling them. Making pets. Selling eggs(can't eat all of them, you know)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Off-roading. Building custom guns

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. 2 dogs. My father-in-law lives with us. I am a trained Occupational Therapy Assistant as is my wife. We have 11 grandchildren. 7 live within 8 miles.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I have used BYC as a resource for a few years for all types of input. Tricks, coop planning, illness treatment and LOTS of general knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom