New Tennesse Chicken Owner

jatkinsonpfs

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2022
Thorn Hill, Tennessee
Hello everyone,

I moved to East Tennessee in August of 2021, with the idea of buying some land and eventually retiring here. Well, now I am buying a house in the small community of Thorn Hill. As a bonus, the previous owner has agreed to leave his chickens as well as his coop setup. So I am about to inherit several grown and established chickens. He is taking the two roosters so I will only have hens. I am not sure what all the breeds are but I know he has more than one breed and I am guessing he has 15 total hens. I have been YouTubing myself to death with videos about how to care for chickens since I have never done this before. I am grateful that these girls are already grown and well-established in the coops. However, I am very excited about getting some new chicks and experiencing raising my own. This site was recommended by one of the YouTubers I have been watching. Oak_Abode is one of my favorite Youtubers but there are so many that I have been gleaning advice from. I am looking forward to visiting this site as well to continue learning more.

Congratulations on getting a new home that comes with chickens and their housing.

Also, congratulations on joining this community. It's almost guaranteed that someone here will have experience in whatever area of chicken raising you have questions about. Folks here know a lot and are always willing to share that knowledge.

Welcome to BYC! We're glad to have you here!

1648597171599.png

Back
Top Bottom