What gorgeous babies! Congratulations on your hatch -- runner ducks are so much fun, and I love the variety of colors. It makes it easy to tell everyone apart.

I'm glad BYC has been a useful resource for you. Welcome to the community; it's good to have you as part of our flock!
Thank you ☺️It really does make it easier to tell them apart, they are all different shades 🥰 I can't wait to see what colours they will be with feathers.

Attachments

• IMG_20220430_144713.jpg
    IMG_20220430_144713.jpg
    846.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20220430_144731.jpg
    IMG_20220430_144731.jpg
    973.3 KB · Views: 1
I had one that looked like your black duck. Because I thought the white around her throat resembled a string of pearls, I named her after the epitome of old-school elegance, Grace Kelly.

Also, don't be surprised if mature birds change colors. My white ones get more silvery gray feathers as they get older, and my silver ones get more white. Blair, who was completely silver when she was about a year old, is now about half and half with white "highlights" everywhere. She will be 4 later this month, I and won't be surprised if she becomes a totally white duck as she ages.

I had one that looked like your black duck. Because I thought the white around her throat resembled a string of pearls, I named her after the epitome of old-school elegance, Grace Kelly.

Also, don't be surprised if mature birds change colors. My white ones get more silvery gray feathers as they get older, and my silver ones get more white. Blair, who was completely silver when she was about a year old, is now about half and half with white "highlights" everywhere. She will be 4 later this month, I and won't be surprised if she becomes a totally white duck as she ages.
That's good to know 🤣 forever changing ducks. I can't wait for these feathers to appear, they are starting and there's some unexpected colours coming through 👀 I got them from a flock of variety colours so it was a complete lottery of what we'd get.

Back
Top Bottom