New member please help!

jbruner51

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 5, 2014
New Boston, Texas
Someone dumped these chickens in my pasture. I caught them and put them in my pen but I can't tell if they're Roos or Hens. Please help
[/IMG]

These we're caught by my daughter at the rodeo critter scramble

Thanks for any help!

Not trying to be rude by that last statement. I'd like to know what to look for. My buddy and I thought about raising some for sale and it's be good to know.

Welcome!
They look like hens to me. You can tell by if spurs start to grow, if their waddles + combs get larger and brighter than the other chickens, also the best sign is whether they start to crow. Hope you find out soon.
frow.gif

Also when could I put the chickens we caught at the rodeo in with the others? I have no clue how old either are.

I would keep them separate for about a week or two, but let them see each other. After about 1 1/2 weeks try and let them out in the yard together but monitor them closely just in case they don't like each other. If they do well after that then you should be able to keep them together from then on.

I would keep them separate for about a week or two, but let them see each other. After about 1 1/2 weeks try and let them out in the yard together but monitor them closely just in case they don't like each other. If they do well after that then you should be able to keep them together from then on.
Ok I'll put them out there in the cage for a couple days then let em out. I'm supposed to be getting some 8 week old black copper marans Thursday so I'll have to do the same thing I guess.

Back
Top Bottom