New member, new owner!

Abigail96

In the Brooder
Sep 29, 2018
Hello! I’m a new member, I just bought my first flock of 6 hens two days ago. I bought the coop back in March, and finally took the leap to get the chickens after doing my best to research all summer — but of course that’s never enough! I have horses, goats, and a donkey, and you learn new things every day.

My lovely hens are 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Plymouth Rocks, and 2 Columbian Rocks.

I found out about this website during research, it’s usually the top website to pop up and it’s been quite helpful! Love the forums.

Aside from hobby farming, I’m a landscape designer/owner of my own company, and just enjoy typical things like socializing with friends, just about any sports game now and then, and love to pick up the guitar or sit at the piano!

I do still live at home with my folks, but the hobby farm part of the property is all my responsibility. My dad put up a little barn, some paddocks, and a riding ring when I was younger; but since then I’ve added a goat shed, coop, more paddock space, and all feed/vet/care costs are on me. I love and care for my quarter horse, two mini ponies, a donkey, two mini goats, and now my 6 chickens (and house kitty!). I love it, and while it controls some aspects of my life, I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Super happy to be involved in this online community now! I know I’m still learning, but maybe one day I’ll be able to help someone else

Thank you!

Attachments

• 3F1F6E2D-8D5B-4E6B-AAC4-E2CAC8E69310.jpeg
    3F1F6E2D-8D5B-4E6B-AAC4-E2CAC8E69310.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom