New Group Member, Old Poultry Lady

robcat

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2024
Hi 👋🏼 Hoping for a good experience here with opportunity to learn a new breed of poultry if anyone else raises wild game. I (we) started with chickens about 20 years ago when my kids hit up the silent auction at their local fair when they were supposed to be just doing their barn duty. My son ended up winning a beautiful pair (roo and hen) with the most gorgeous colors. At the end of the week we went to pick up our winnings and the owner said “I hope you know what you got there, son”! WE DID NOT! My knees found out quickly that we had earned ourselves a genuine pair of Wild Jungle Fowl! Ahhhh… good times! Anyway, I told him if he let me roast ole Soupy we would build him a coop and he could get some sweet ladies to lay nice eggs, he agreed. Since then we have had anywhere from 35 to 50 layers in our coop of all difference breeds. Add in some ducks and one wild Canadian Goose. That year we also ended up with goats (big sis couldn’t let little bro be the only one coming home with a prize, right) We also had rabbits and we do beef cattle. My son is married now and he and his new wife just trailered in a couple mini donkeys. Anyway, I found this site through google so I thought I’d give it a try to see if I could learn anything on raising pheasants from you all. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2988.jpeg
    IMG_2988.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom