Need Support From My Byc Nation.......

SunshineSilkies

Songster
11 Years
Jan 10, 2009
Florida
My 75 year old father had a tumor removed from behind his eye and it was cancerous...they couldn't remove what was around the tumor because he was bleeding too much. We go to the doctor tomorrow to have his stitches taken out and probably will learn what kind of cancer it is and where to go from here...from everything I have read, it seems that the cancer must be somewhere else and it just surfaced in his eye area...

I have been married for 16 years to my prince,,,but my Dad will always be the KING of my heart...I am just so sad right now....

I would like for my friends on BYC to keep our family in their thoughts. I have so many unseen friends here that rally around one another in times of tribulation..a group of wonderful people gathered together because of their hobby that lend support to their"cyber friends".

Please keep me in your thoughts as I have to be strong for my mother and sisters....
sad.png

Vickie

Last edited:
I know what you feel like. Last year we almost lost my Dad to congerstive heart failure and pnuemonia, he is 71. Luckily they brought him back and he is ok now (though greatly weakened) and he has a pacemaker. They say 50% of people with his condition die within 5 years.

He truly is a gift. We have DRASTICALLY different political views but we are on the same "wavelength", you know? He has always spent so much time with me, teaching me about nature and classic literature. Only know do I realize what a *gift* he gave me and how RARE men like him are.

It sounds like you and I are very lucky people despite the sadness and loss we are now facing someday. I remember a phrase that said the greater loss and grief, the greater the love and richness you had when that person was with you.

I am treasuring the time I have left with my dad- I hope you two have lots of happy time left to spend together. You are in my thoughts.

I do think the worst part of it is worrying about what my mom will do. SHe is 15 years younger than my Dad..

Back
Top Bottom