Need some words of wisdom from some geese people! Update!

JaciesCoop

Songster
12 Years
Aug 16, 2007
Arizona
Well for those of you that helped me with the new goose here is an update.
We did build a shelter for her where she goes at night. During the day she is out in the drive waiting for a bus! LOL! or in the fenced back yard.
She seems to be very happy but I'm thinking she needs some company. How do I go about this? A baby this spring or a new grown bird. She is totally rejecting the geese from next door that banned her. Doesn't even want them in her yard.

She is so gentle. Loves for me to pick her up and love her.

Here is a video of her. Her name (assuming she is a she) is Christmas

Last edited by a moderator:
cool.png

she is very sweet. i remember your story well. lol that she hangs out in the parkinglot still. it sort of seemed like that was the place she picked.

glad you are getting a new bird for her as companion.

you are neat to take her in. sounds like she chose well when she chose your house.

Well here are the lastest pics of Christmas. She is doing quite well. Follows hubby everywhere.
They have dried up our irrigation creek for cleaning so I put a bucket out for her. She loves it!!

But I do have a question again that I really need an answer to. Would she accept a baby goose? I'd like to get her one that would be her very own and a companion.
The other geese came over from next door and the big one attacked her but she whipped his butt and drug him under my car!! They have not been back

Do you think she would accept a baby and would I just pen her with it for awhile or what? Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Just click on the thumbnails for larger image

I'm not for sure but I am assuming it would all depend on if she sets eggs. If it were me I would try making her a nest and putting a couple of eggs in it. (wooden) after a couple of weeks if she sets it I would slip a chick in under her. It might just be those geese that she really doesn't like. I don't know much as I've only been a geese owner for 9 months so I'm guessing. C

I might try that. But first I have to find a wooden egg that big. I do have some blown goose eggs. One of those might work.

Back
Top Bottom