Need some advice and i am new to Quail

Tammy N

Crowing
12 Years
Oct 9, 2011
Florence Oregon
Hi all i hope you can help , my heart is in the right place and so is the older owner but I have never raised Quail and id like to well rescue is a harsh word the owner does take good care of them really he does they are clean mite free and disease free.
But i hate the cage they are in it is a battery cage just like the new chicks i got from him where but a little different.

these 50 little quail have a slanted wire so their eggs roll down for collection .
and the cage is 2 story 1ft w 3ft tall by 3 long.
id like to give them more room and get them off the wire .the eggs are about 1 1/2 inch they are cornix < name but it does start with a c . Thats how new i am some are white some are brown speckled and they are all adorible.
he said he gets 108 eggs a day out of these little kids . so if i can how to i help them get a break ?
the eggs are 1/2 the size the these little hens . WHat do you suggest pics help too thank you in advance Tammy

Nothing wrong with giving them more space, if you have it to give. There are lots of beautiful setups on here, at least two threads easily found where users have posted their quail set ups. Look around for ideas and see what you can do.

Enjoy them- they are cool little birds.

Back
Top Bottom