Need help for bumpy concrete floor. Blackjack 57?

kathyinmo

Nothing In Moderation
12 Years
May 14, 2009
(SW MO) Nevada, Missouri
My Coop
My Coop
We have a new concrete floor that was finished horribly. It is lumpy and bumpy and even has some sharp points. It would be terrible to try to clean out as a coop floor . What can I do to make it smoother or easier to clean out? Would Blackjack 57 work?
005.JPG

Last edited:
:fl also hoping you didn't pay the final invoice yet, I didn't realize this was a new project, definitely not something your should have to fix yourself.

If you don't want the same person working on it again, you could find someone new to bid the repair/finishing work and perhaps you will be able to deduct this from your final bill for the original contractor.

Agree with all those above who questioned the quality of the job - horrible and amateur. If you can get back or withhold payment for labor do so.

Blackjack 57 will not fix this.

@PirateGirl has the correct idea; get some self leveling cement, figure out the highest spot and calculate how much you will need to cover the entire floor area to that depth. From what I can see 1" of depth (perhaps less) should be enough. Mix and pour as evenly over the surface as you can, it should flow pretty much on it's own. Check the setting time on the label to ensure you have enough time to mix and pour the total amount you will need. Two people will make the job much easier.

Self leveling cement should be cheaper than a pre-mixed floor leveler and should be easier to put down.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Try hitting it with a flat shovel. Like your scraping poop. It looks like they broomed it way to wet. I can’t tell from the pic but it looks like a good flat shovel and broom should get the majority of the rough “burgers” off. I definitely agree with above have them come back and make it right! I do handyman work for a living and wouldn’t be able to sleep at night leaving work like this!

Back
Top Bottom