Need help changing city ordinance in Easley, SC

ChickenJENJEN

Hatching
Sep 22, 2017
Hi All, I am in need of help to change the current city ordinance no livestock within city limits in Easley, SC. I am willing to present my case (5 min) in front of city council. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

OOOOHHHHH, Not an easy task. City people just don't get it. They are too addicted to grocery stores, cats and dogs for pets. They just can't wrap their heads around anyone wanting to have a chicken or any other farm animal for a pet. Much less the idea of eating 'em. Not to mention their "perceived" virtually non-existent health risk. I would say it would be easier for you to move to an farm friendly community then change the minds of a few power hungry citified pukes.

OOOOHHHHH, Not an easy task. City people just don't get it. They are too addicted to grocery stores, cats and dogs for pets. They just can't wrap their heads around anyone wanting to have a chicken or any other farm animal for a pet. Much less the idea of eating 'em. Not to mention their "perceived" virtually non-existent health risk. I would say it would be easier for you to move to an farm friendly community then change the minds of a few power hungry citified pukes.
Well... Depends on the city. Someone I know lives in the middle of Pittsburgh PA, and almost every house on the street has chickens. But the 'burgh, as its ihabitants call it, is very chicken allow six per house. But you know since everyone in my friends area has birds, no one reports you if you have more.

Well... Depends on the city. Someone I know lives in the middle of Pittsburgh PA, and almost every house on the street has chickens. But the 'burgh, as its ihabitants call it, is very chicken allow six per house. But you know since everyone in my friends area has birds, no one reports you if you have more.
I live in Pa. about 2 hours north of P'burgh. Western Pa. is a very country thinking area. If you go to Philly though they are very city thinking. She didn't say what city she was in, however if they have already passed laws against farm animals and limited what pets are acceptable, It's not likely she will change their minds.

Hi All, I am in need of help to change the current city ordinance no livestock within city limits in Easley, SC. I am willing to present my case (5 min) in front of city council. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.
Were you able to get ordinance changed?

My name is Rick BarnettI live in Easley and I'm seeking to change the ordinance to allow for chickens. My number is (803)225-2031. Please let me know if you are still interested in this.

Back
Top Bottom