Nasty butt

chickmama2014

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Do I need to bathe her to get this poop off or would brushing it out work?

Attachments

• IMG_1387.jpeg
    IMG_1387.jpeg
    635.6 KB · Views: 11
Sometimes you can pull the dried poop off the feathers. But if this chicken has very runny poop, it may be hardened like cement. In that case, a tub of warm water and a little baby body wash will be in order.

Back the chicken up to the basin and splash water on the butt to loosen the poop, then massage in the soap. Rinse well, pat dry. If the day is warm, it can air dry the rest of the way, or you can blow dry the butt if the day is cold. Chickens all adore being blow dried which surprised me no end the first time I washed and dried a chicken butt.

Try giving this chicken a probiotic tablet for several days. It can help tremendously to restore poop to a solid consistency. Get the probiotic where they sell the digestive aids near the vitamins in the pharmacy.

Sometimes you can pull the dried poop off the feathers. But if this chicken has very runny poop, it may be hardened like cement. In that case, a tub of warm water and a little baby body wash will be in order.

Back the chicken up to the basin and splash water on the butt to loosen the poop, then massage in the soap. Rinse well, pat dry. If the day is warm, it can air dry the rest of the way, or you can blow dry the butt if the day is cold. Chickens all adore being blow dried which surprised me no end the first time I washed and dried a chicken butt.

Try giving this chicken a probiotic tablet for several days. It can help tremendously to restore poop to a solid consistency. Get the probiotic where they sell the digestive aids near the vitamins in the pharmacy.
Oh my goodness thank you so much for all this valuable and very descriptive information. I really really appreciate it! I will get to work on her after breakfast. It will be 80 today so very warm. :)

Back
Top Bottom