Name idea’s for a Lovebird?

sekeyslaks

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 25, 2014
Hi all! As it says I would like some help thinking of names for my Pied Lovebird! I got him at a bird convention in August where he was the only Lovebird being sold,being sold mislabeled as a Fischers Lovebird,overpriced, and his owners were clearly neglectful and inexperienced.When the owner brought him out to give to us to hold,he bit the fire out of her hand! :lau Really,with all those bad signs I should have just walked away but when he was finally in my hand He was much calmer and while he was biting me it was a fear bite the type to warn away rather than attack as he didn’t make me bleed.So I took a chance and brought him home! He is exactly as I thought a great bird that learned bad habits due to bad ownership! It’s been months of TLC and training to get him used to me,as he has a irrational fear of hands and he is scared of toys. I think he just lived a cage bound life on a perch before and doesn’t know how to be happy.But after 4 months I actually got him to stand on my hand and eat millet!!:love He’s really coming along and I can’t wait to improve him further,as he never bites anymore unless I’m clipping his nails!so yeah he needs a name!Here’s my good boy!
B4871731-F11B-47C9-AF3F-4768CC9DA468.jpeg

Aw, cute! We were going to adopt a lovebird along with our cockatiels.... until the live bird RAN out of the lady's hand and went straight for my tiel's leg. Nvm! He looks so cute though!! Here are some name ideas, I still need my morning cup'O'tea so please excuse me if they're a bit silly :p

Sunny Pie
Hamlet (idk, just came to me lol)
Simba (the lil red smudge)
Midget (Midge for sort)

I love love birds, if I didn't already have a coop full of messy, screaming hens, I'd consider getting one. There are feral flocks here, (down south).

Pepita (pumpkin seed)
Calamansi
Pomelo
Canistel
I don’t see why you can’t! I have 2 coops of hens and a rooster and can still provide care and attention to my lovebird and horse! Just make sure you get a hand-raised 8 week old baby lovebird,they are way tamer if you get them young and single.

Hi all! As it says I would like some help thinking of names for my Pied Lovebird! I got him at a bird convention in August where he was the only Lovebird being sold,being sold mislabeled as a Fischers Lovebird,overpriced, and his owners were clearly neglectful and inexperienced.When the owner brought him out to give to us to hold,he bit the fire out of her hand! :lau Really,with all those bad signs I should have just walked away but when he was finally in my hand He was much calmer and while he was biting me it was a fear bite the type to warn away rather than attack as he didn’t make me bleed.So I took a chance and brought him home! He is exactly as I thought a great bird that learned bad habits due to bad ownership! It’s been months of TLC and training to get him used to me,as he has a irrational fear of hands and he is scared of toys. I think he just lived a cage bound life on a perch before and doesn’t know how to be happy.But after 4 months I actually got him to stand on my hand and eat millet!!:love He’s really coming along and I can’t wait to improve him further,as he never bites anymore unless I’m clipping his nails!so yeah he needs a name!Here’s my good boy!View attachment 3368535
Congratulations on getting him to stand on your hand and eat...that must have been quite a moment! He is certainly at the naming point for getting over his fears.
Name suggestion: "Keeter"

I have a parrotlet named Tweaky. He can say his name back to me so I think he likes it, either/or thinks my name is Tweaky, which it isn't 😆
20220407_143910.jpg

Congratulations on getting him to stand on your hand and eat...that must have been quite a moment! He is certainly at the naming point for getting over his fears.
Name suggestion: "Keeter"

I have a parrotlet named Tweaky. He can say his name back to me so I think he likes it, either/or thinks my name is Tweaky, which it isn't 😆
View attachment 3368770
Thank you! I’m working very hard to get his trust and help him enjoy life.Tweaky is utterly adorable.I love his name!! My boy is only my second lovebird,my last Lovebird Yune could imitate baby duck noises!though he only did it once to communicate with the ducklings I was raising in the same room as him.

Thank you! I’m working very hard to get his trust and help him enjoy life.Tweaky is utterly adorable.I love his name!! My boy is only my second lovebird,my last Lovebird Yune could imitate baby duck noises!though he only did it once to communicate with the ducklings I was raising in the same room as him.
That is cute and I bet Yune enjoyed the company! My parrotlet has a special sound to greet the chickens, when he sees them (which is rare).
I took about a month or so to actually name Tweaky. I didn't want to pick a name while he was still biting me 🤣 When you do find the right name that clicks with your new guy's personality, I hope you'll share it with us!

Back
Top Bottom