Naked Neck/Turken Thread

The beautifully dressed NN's can come w/ lots of head coverings too,

LOL
yuckyuck.gif

That's true, all frizzle-birds can look pretty raggedy during molt, and frizzle Naked Necks even more so.
edited to add: It would be incorrect to assume all my Naked Neck pens could make frizzles : )

My Naked Neck Green-Egger pens are both frizzle NNGE guys with smooth NNGE girls. All my barred NNGE girls are in those pens --- so those chicks have a 50% chance of inheriting the frizzle gene.
Part of the shuffle-up is pulling out the barred NNGE girls and moving them in with a barred NNGE guy.

I don't know if anyone remembers the lovely tufted Araucana guy I was given and my intentions of making tufted Naked Necks --- well he never made it out of quarantine. His first droppings when I got him were home were bloody and I treated him for Coccidiosis, but couldn't pull him out of it. He had looked healthy but I guess the stress brought it out? So that project is off-the-table : (

I'm going to take a step back (or forward, depending on how you look at it) and work on adding size to my black / blue single comb brown-egger Naked Necks. Some single comb NN girls are going in with a black Java guy. Some are going in with a blue Rock. I'm moving a blue single comb frizzle NN guy in with my Jersey Giant hens.
I should be able to pull the biggest offspring from those and have seperate 'lines' of blue / black / splash Naked Necks to work with.
I hate toe-punching chicks but I'll be doing a lot of it to identify the lines, I guess.

Sorry for all 'thinking out loud ' : )

Aw man, sorry plans with that roo got shelved. Going to try again with another rumpless bird?

There's a trio of silver sussex here for upping the size of NNs. These birds are huge! Was also thinking about trying to AI the roo on the silver laced bantam hens with end project of LF laced NN but am not sure about it... feed is so expensive now and worry about raising way too many chicks again.

Back
Top Bottom