My two roosters goes berserk whenever they see me (my feet in particular).

Apr 13, 2023
Hi. I am new to this platform and I hope I've reach the right audience to my current problem that's causing me stress lately regarding my two chickens. :)

My chickens (both leghorns) are five months old now and whenever I go outside my house, the first thing they do is attack my feet. I now have scars on my feet and hands trying to stop their aggressiveness. I've actually tried the method of making them submit to me by putting them on the ground, but it just won't work. Help me please!

Im very sorry to hear about your troubles with your roosters.

Unfortunately, one of the best things you can do with an aggressive rooster is cull him from your flock (wether that is killing him, or giving him away with FULL disclosure). An aggressive rooster most of the time does not get better, and it is much better to remove him and bring peace back to your flock, then it is to wait and possible risk a serious injury. There are too many good roosters to keep the aggressive ones.

With that said, there are some techniques that you could try. I know if some good threads and articles, so give me one sec while I find the links.

And I wish you the best!

Im very sorry to hear about your troubles with your roosters.

Unfortunately, one of the best things you can do with an aggressive rooster is cull him from your flock (wether that is killing him, or giving him away with FULL disclosure). An aggressive rooster most of the time does not get better, and it is much better to remove him and bring peace back to your flock, then it is to wait and possible risk a serious injury. There are too many good roosters to keep the aggressive ones.

With that said, there are some techniques that you could try. I know if some good threads and articles, so give me one sec while I find the links.

And I wish you the best!
Ok, here is one of my favorite articles, with more links at the bottom.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/dealing-with-and-taming-aggressive-roosters.74600/

Back
Top Bottom