My peacock keeps chasing my dogs

FeatherLady-

In the Brooder
Jul 10, 2023
Hello everyone!
My male peacock keeps chasing my dogs. To the point they are all including himself out of breath. I’m not understanding what his problem could be. They are guardian dogs so they literally won’t do anything to him besides protect him. But the dogs are obviously exhausted with it. And with summer approaching I don’t want everyone having a heat strokes.
Please help!
Thank you in advance.

I would much prefer that than dogs chasing my peacock. Here is what you are dealing with, it is the beginning of breeding season and the cock has his breeding territory established and your dogs are invading it. He does not want 'anyone' in his area and will chase 'anyone' who violates his area. This will end once his train falls out around the end of June.

I would much prefer that than dogs chasing my peacock. Here is what you are dealing with, it is the beginning of breeding season and the cock has his breeding territory established and your dogs are invading it. He does not want 'anyone' in his area and will chase 'anyone' who violates his area. This will end once his train falls out around the end of June.
Oh yes I agree, we wouldn’t keep any dogs that chase the peacocks or chickens.
That is incredibly helpful to know thank you!

Back
Top Bottom