My gorgeous Salt needs some identification...

madwomn

Songster
Jun 26, 2012

Do you have any guesses as to the breed or name of the color? Supposedly she and 24 others were imported from Germany - the others all succumbed to hawks and the guy who owned Salt was glad to get rid of her. He claimed she drew the hawks into his yard. She has a little beard and short feathers on her legs. Her tail and edges of her wings are blue and her neck is the color of wheat. She's not mottled, which I associate with porcelain. She reminds me of my D'Uccles, but has a bigger comb and blue legs.

Haha, I don't know. I am chuckling because I googled German chicken breeds white--and got pictures of white german shepherds.
lau.gif
Whatever she is, she is pretty. ............... I tried again without white and got a speckled something nestled down in some rocks, a game rooster and a giant rabbit........does Google not understand German chicken breeds???
gig.gif
Well, I can see we are going to have to take matters into our own hands......mmmmmmm..............well, it looks like Salt is a genuine Blue Tailed Pearl Huhn!! (huhn is German for chicken)
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom