Minjojojo

Chirping
Dec 7, 2017
New Jersey
Hi all,

I’ve been looking into zoning laws and even NJ Fish and Wildlife website but can’t seem to find exactly whether I can keep Muscovy Ducks in my backyard.

I found this ordinance that says chickens are strictly forbidden! At https://ecode360.com/9122736
But there is no mention of Ducks or other fowls. Other ordinances that are before/after it in order are just about cats and dogs.
Before I jump deeper into this rabbit hole (or duck hole), is there anyone who already looked into this, and can help me with this? I just spent a few days on research and can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:

Found this in the ordinances:

§440-28.2 Prohibited conduct on private property.
[Added 11-9-2011 by BOH Ord. No. 3-2011]
The feeding of waterfowl, songbirds, pigeons, and other backyard birds shall be permitted outdoor on private property only if:
A.
Such a feeding does not create an unreasonable disturbance or nuisance that intrudes on the rights of surrounding property owners and renders others insecure in the use of their property;

B.
The feeding does not become an attractant for rodents or other wildlife;

C.
The feeding does not create an accumulation of droppings on the feeder’s property or on the neighboring properties;

D.
All birdfeeders are placed at least five feet above the ground; and

E.
The birdfeeder’s capacity for seed is no more than five pounds.

F.
No person, with the exception of a certified animalcontrol officer, shall attract, feed or attempt to attract or feed stray and free-roaming cats.
[Added 4-10-2013 by BOH Ord. No. 2-2013]

Does this mean I can keep Muscovy Ducks in my backyard?????

Back
Top Bottom