More MicešŸ˜­

Iā€™ve heard mint helps, but have not tried it personally - the one time I thought I had mice in the walls it turns out they were outside on the roof and the Terminex guy was just trying to take me for a ride. šŸ˜ 

I will second getting a cat though. Mine only gets a few minutes of supervised outdoor time on any given day, but between that and the occasional wad of shed fur stuffed into out-of-the-way places my roof-dancing rodents are much quieter.

I have a battery operated ā€œthingyā€ that has a strobe light and makes ultrasonic sounds under my car hood. So far, I have not had any more mice there. I thought about getting one for my shed too. And my pets are not at all bothered by it. To me, it is more practical than constantly trapping.

Hey all I really need your help! So I keep all of my animal feed and hay in my shed. I've seen mice in there before eating my grain so I set out the old-fashioned Victor mouse traps. So far I have caught 6 but they keep persisting. I'm so on edge everytime I go in there that 1 is going to jump out at me I hate going in there now! I know it sounds dumbšŸ˜‚. So my question is, is there anything other than traps I can do? Like any sort of trick?? Kind of like how you can hang a plastic bag or CD out to deter birds???? I really need help it's getting super annoying. Thank you all in advance!
I'd suggest finding out where their main trail is or like a entry/exit to put some glue traps Infront of. I've learned that placing them randomly rarely catches anything so placing them in the right areas is key!

Hey all I really need your help! So I keep all of my animal feed and hay in my shed. I've seen mice in there before eating my grain so I set out the old-fashioned Victor mouse traps. So far I have caught 6 but they keep persisting. I'm so on edge everytime I go in there that 1 is going to jump out at me I hate going in there now! I know it sounds dumbšŸ˜‚. So my question is, is there anything other than traps I can do? Like any sort of trick?? Kind of like how you can hang a plastic bag or CD out to deter birds???? I really need help it's getting super annoying. Thank you all in advance!
The best way to get rid of mice is a cat unless you can find a king snake to call the place home. King snakes also get rid of poisonous snakes.

I have about sixty hens. So I buy my feed in 50 pound bags from a feed store. I usually buy 16 at a time. I have through the years accumulated a number of large plastic garbage barrels and when I get the feed home, I transfer it into the barrels. Each barrel holds three bags....150 lbs...of feed. That way the mice cannot get at it. One thing is for certain, if you've got one mouse, you've got a lot of them. And they reproduce faster than you can catch them. I bought a couple of those dump traps that fit on five gallon plastic buckets. They work great...a little peanut butter with some feed or rolled oats stuck to the underside of the lid and mice cannot resist it. I think the aroma of the peanut butter is what does them in. I live in a rural area of Montana and mice are ubiquitous in this area, so the battle never ends.

Eliminate the access to the feed. Get some medium to large galvanized trash cans with lids. Completely eliminated rats eating our feed. Eventually the mice will go somewhere else where they can get easy food.

Rinnes trap flip and slide. I fight mice year round. No I donā€™t have a cat as a mouser simply because itā€™s gross and dangerous as to what disease that cat could pick up. The bucket trap works well. You can catch many mice at one time without having to reset. You can live catch and release elsewhere or out water in bucket. I live catch and releaseā€¦I have quite a bit of land. I will say you have to move any trap aroundā€¦.they are very smart and catch on quickly. Mine started avoiding the kill traps. Itā€™s anyoneā€™s choice but the bucket is cheaper than a vet bill for a sick cat. Hope this helps and good luck.
ps all my feed is in metal garbage can WITH metal lids shut tight.

i purchased metal trash cans/lids. My problem is squirrels but it should work for mice.

I fought mice for years, mostly due to the spilled grain the chickens left around. Just this year----why did no one tell me before???----a friend told me to mix baking soda and peanut butter 1:1 ratio and leave where the mice have been seen. It's supposed to expand in their digestive tract and kill them but not harm the other creatures that might get in it.

Has anyone else tried this? I put it everywhere about a month ago, and no more nests beneath the feed bowls.

Back
Top Bottom