Monica's Chicken House

motoduck

Hatching
12 Years
Jun 28, 2007
Can anybody tell me the measurements or where I can find them for Monica's Chicken House? It's the first coop shown in the Coop Plans section and it looks perfect for what I want to do.

Thanks!

All we have on any of the coops is posted on the site.

Someone may be able to guess the dimensions?

I've been wondering if members would like to begin a pool to pay for a few sets of plans to be made of the most popular coops. If everyone chipped in a little I bet we could get some really nice plans made.

Looks 8X4 with maybe another foot up into the peak of the roof.
It's 8'x4' I built it about 19 years ago. The plans used to be on the fellows blog. But that's long gone. I am in the process of rebuilding it because the base/legs rotted. I tipped it over and am replacing the base. The rest of the structure is as strong as the day it was built. I used metal roofing and hardware cloth wire. Here it is upside down. The roofing is off and so is the wire.

Attachments

• 20240407_171413.jpg
    20240407_171413.jpg
    831.3 KB · Views: 8
It's 8'x4' I built it about 19 years ago. The plans used to be on the fellows blog. But that's long gone. I am in the process of rebuilding it because the base/legs rotted. I tipped it over and am replacing the base. The rest of the structure is as strong as the day it was built. I used metal roofing and hardware cloth wire. Here it is upside down. The roofing is off and so is the wire.
So awesome of you to update this thread!!!

I'm sure peeps from around the world would love to see you add your updates to the wonderful article too!

Oh wow... this is a really REALLY old coop. Like, from the OG days of BYC!

Ya, @Almost Broke, we'd LOVE to see you write/update a new article to replace this one from a gazillion days ago :)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/monicas-chicken-house.47787/

I've made sure you are the "owner" of that article so you can update it if you want... or add a brand-new article and we can link to it from the old article (which is what I'd probably suggest).

Back
Top Bottom