Molting? Sickness?

Pixie16

Hatching
May 7, 2024
This girl is the only one of my flock that looks like this. She’s 8 weeks old, it’s my first time having chicks. I have her isolated but I’m not sure what’s going on.

Attachments

• IMG_2606.jpeg
    IMG_2606.jpeg
    505.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2609.jpeg
    IMG_2609.jpeg
    391.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2610.jpeg
    IMG_2610.jpeg
    491.1 KB · Views: 4
As far as I can tell she is growing her feathers in. At that age they start to get "adult " feathers. Make sure she has no mites. Are the others picking on her?

As far as I can tell she is growing her feathers in. At that age they start to get "adult " feathers. Make sure she has no mites. Are the others picking on her?
I did see one picking at her so I moved her to a separate part of the brooder where they can still see her but can’t get to her. Some of the others have had bald spots that I assumed were just feathers growing in but hers seemed so much worse.

I did see one picking at her so I moved her to a separate part of the brooder where they can still see her but can’t get to her. Some of the others have had bald spots that I assumed were just feathers growing in but hers seemed so much worse.

It sounds like they are growing up.
How much space do they have? do you keep them inside?
How many friends dose she have with her?

If they don't have a lot of space to run around , chances are they will just peck each other up.
When mine where 8 week I let them outside for the day ( so long it was in the 70sF or so) and bring them in for the night.

Not trying to be rude. If I upset you, I'm sorry!

Back
Top Bottom