Miss My Girls

jenkassai

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
I just wanted to say that I MISS my chickens!!!! With it getting light so late and dark so early, I hardly get to see them anymore! They are still sleeping when I go out to open the pop door before I leave for work. By the time I get home it's dark out and they are sleeping when I close the door! I don't want to disturb them when I go in to check for eggs in the evening, I get some sleepy clucks when I go in there and I whisper a hello
smile.png
Luckily I get to work from home two days a week, so I do get to turn them out in the big yard on those days and get to spend some time with them then.

I just had to share with people that would "get" me missing my chickens
roll.png

I know how you feel, i actually rush home at 2:30 just to get 2 hours of daylight with them!! Can't wait until spring!!!

I know how you feel about finding people who understand how much you love your chickens (I get made fun of every chance my in laws get
roll.png
) I dont get to spend as much time with mine now that its freezing cold and it makes me sad. This is my chickens first winter and Im scared they wont handle well. But so far so good. (Which reminds me I need to go check on them
smile.png
the low is 25 degrees tonight which is colder than it has been lately.)

All is right with the world again. Well, my world anyways
wink.png
I worked from home today and was able to spend some time with the girls. I won't go so far as to say that they missed me, but they DID try to follow me into the house whenever I stepped outside for whatever reason (give them a treat, a bowl of water, whatever). I had to shoo them away so I could get in the house without them
lol.png
They are just so cute and entertaining! And they loved being turned loose into the big yard and our other side yard that they don't get to venture into too often
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom