Mind if I smoke? 🥩🍖

I have always done my smoking in a little BBQ-usually ribs that I braise afterward because it takes so long and you have to pay so much attention when doing it in not an actual smoker. My dream is to someday have a smoker-I have used my neighbor's Traeger but I have a friend who uses a Pit Boss and that's what I'm leaning toward right now. I want the standing one with lots of racks. A girl can dream....

That looks perfect. I think @Overo Mare will approve.
Hungry Food GIF by Rosanna Pansino

I've read that,that is very good meat.
It's supposed to be one of the top tasting pig meat available. The cream of the crop.
Am I correct?
Yep, it's pretty great. Red wattle is fantastic as well. I also raised Kune Kune which tasted pretty good, not much meat there tho.

I do have a ton of stuff that I've done on the gas grill trying to work with low heat high heat side but there's nothing like a real fire pit hopefully by the end of this year I should have something going together
Nice nice!

I have seen a good bbq made with an old steel bath tub cut in half and the two pieces put together.... light a fire in the bottom half and cook in the top.... looked like it worked very well

Damn dude your butchers are generous Picanha is huge compared to the ones that we get down here on our butcher shops
They vary in size here quite a bit.

The brisket we get here seem small to the ones I have seem you can get over your side.... yt videos have guys cooking 20lb brisket..... we would struggle to get one half that size here

Back
Top Bottom