Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Yep. It sure was pretty this morning.

Looks aren't everything.

It's a balmy 9 degrees at my house this morning. I can't believe I got suckered into buying seeds last weekend when I was at the store and it was 45 and sunny out. I have a very large amount of work to do in my veggie garden this yea, and I was going to work on cleaning out the greenhouse and maybe start a few trays of stuff. But no. Snow. Every year I have big plans and good intentions, and every year my garden gets fully overrun with grass and weeds and squash bugs. I religiously removed squash bug eggs last year from the underside of the leaves and they still got bad enough to kill 3 of my plants. I had to replant my greenbeans and they got frosted just when they were really starting to produce.

Looks aren't everything.

It's a balmy 9 degrees at my house this morning. I can't believe I got suckered into buying seeds last weekend when I was at the store and it was 45 and sunny out. I have a very large amount of work to do in my veggie garden this yea, and I was going to work on cleaning out the greenhouse and maybe start a few trays of stuff. But no. Snow. Every year I have big plans and good intentions, and every year my garden gets fully overrun with grass and weeds and squash bugs. I religiously removed squash bug eggs last year from the underside of the leaves and they still got bad enough to kill 3 of my plants. I had to replant my greenbeans and they got frosted just when they were really starting to produce.
You were lucky! Negative 6 here this morning at the farm! Shoveled off the run, well part of it so the birds would come outside the coop and at least get some sun. My broody is still persisting through this cold spell.

I am looking forward to my Rain gutter grow system. My first year of doing it was last summer. Loved how easy it was to grow and harvest the plants. Also, my daughter did the grow bags in the kiddie pool and worked great for her, Easier gardening. No pulling weeds and breaking your back tending the garden. Just need warm weather.....

Back
Top Bottom