Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

One of my ducklings is starting to look a little goofy in the leg department. I'm adjusting my feeding some with them to try and slow down their weight gain.

Wish me luck :p

Hey yall.

Yes, I am hoping to make it to chickenstock. I have even gotten my raffle addition. Lol

So, any idea as to why a customer would get sick from my eggs and not store bought? Her husband eats them just fine. She get the skeets.... I am thinking maybe something I have fed them, or they've found in the yard or woods thay she could be allergic too?

I told her to date a few of the eggs and set them aside for 2 weeks and see if maybe she tolerates them better when they aren't as fresh, see what happens then. Just weird, because I wouldn't have thought fresh free ranged would be an irritant gastric wise...

Is she new to eating your fresh eggs?
They can be richer.
Nothin much to eat out there now anyway.

Last edited:
Hey yall.

Yes, I am hoping to make it to chickenstock. I have even gotten my raffle addition. Lol

So, any idea as to why a customer would get sick from my eggs and not store bought? Her husband eats them just fine. She get the skeets.... I am thinking maybe something I have fed them, or they've found in the yard or woods thay she could be allergic too?

I told her to date a few of the eggs and set them aside for 2 weeks and see if maybe she tolerates them better when they aren't as fresh, see what happens then. Just weird, because I wouldn't have thought fresh free ranged would be an irritant gastric wise...
Good that you may be able to make it to CS this year!! Let us know so we can add to the list of attendees!
I have not had anyone tell me they reacted to my eggs. That is interesting! My chickens have all sorts of stuff to forage and love spending their time in the swampy area searching for frogs and "escargot" :)

Never heard of that before. If anything, I would expect it to be the other way around. Is she preparing them correctly? Is it just an excuse for something? Coincidence? Perhaps she having too much greasy bacon/sausage with eggs on those mornings and it's actually the pork that is the culprit?

My brother-in-law refuses to eat our fresh eggs "because the yolks are darker than store bought eggs". Of course, I have gone round and round trying to explain to him why that is, but his mind is made up. At least my nieces still love them!

so far reducing and controlling the duckies' feed seems to be helping Mr. Bow-jangles (the one starting to bow out a bit.) It's been about 2 days since I started, I'm going to go for at least another 2 or 3 and see if he changes at all.

Hi Nova! Nice to see you on BYC again!! Hope you can make it to Chickenstock.

I find it surprising that my 9 year old silkie is laying eggs! Probably, since they are born with the number of eggs they will lay in their lifetime, the eggs don't get used up because they go broody so often!!!

Hi Michiganders,

My husband found a Sebastopol gander in the parking lot outside the office in Big Rapids. The gander may be psychic, because he knew exactly who to approach for help-we have two Sebastopol geese at home, so we are friends to geese. My husband put him in the back seat of the car on a garbage bag, and the gander is spending the night in the barn and the day in the round pen. The other geese are not welcoming at this point. I just thought I would post on the off chance that any Michiganders here are looking for their lost gander. Also, if anyone wants a nice gander, I would consider giving him to a good home especially if you had a lonely female goose. (PM me or quote my post if you know of anyone looking for a missing gander.)

Back
Top Bottom