MARYLAND THREAD!

I would post them on Craigslist or on the sale board outside your local feed/ southern states store. This time of year if they are old enough to be currently laying in would think you could sell them quick with everyone buying chicks. I'm assuming they still lay, I don't know chickens like quail.
Definitely laying! Great idea. Thank you very much!!

Anyone got any pullets, hens available? My kids started and egg business and their customer list is growing faster than the eggs we can supply! We are outside of Annapolis.

Hi I just joined this forum yesterday and glad there is a thread for Maryland. I am still doing my own research on applying for the inspection, license, and registration, and building the coop & run. I think I got the order is mixed...maybe it was building the coop & run, inspection, license, then registration. lol. Anyway, my plan was to start with 2 and grow to my limit of 4 (seems for a 10,000 sq. lot this is the max for my property). Any suggestions of breeds with my limitations? Hoping the restrictions in my area might change and I can get an increase in the limit (just up to 6 would be nice I am not asking too much lol), but I don't see that happening yet.

While reading over the "Chickens and Ducks in Anne Arundel County" information packet, there seems to be a bit of restrictions and feels intimidating if I mess something up lol (noting the checklist order from my first paragraph), but it is exciting that I still can get an opportunity. :)

Once everything is approved with the license application and registration, I was planning to start with a pair Easter Eggers or the Americana, I still may have room for two additional different ones to try in a later date.

Hi I just joined this forum yesterday and glad there is a thread for Maryland. I am still doing my own research on applying for the inspection, license, and registration, and building the coop & run. I think I got the order is mixed...maybe it was building the coop & run, inspection, license, then registration. lol. Anyway, my plan was to start with 2 and grow to my limit of 4 (seems for a 10,000 sq. lot this is the max for my property). Any suggestions of breeds with my limitations? Hoping the restrictions in my area might change and I can get an increase in the limit (just up to 6 would be nice I am not asking too much lol), but I don't see that happening yet.

While reading over the "Chickens and Ducks in Anne Arundel County" information packet, there seems to be a bit of restrictions and feels intimidating if I mess something up lol (noting the checklist order from my first paragraph), but it is exciting that I still can get an opportunity. :)

Once everything is approved with the license application and registration, I was planning to start with a pair Easter Eggers or the Americana, I still may have room for two additional different ones to try in a later date.
Update: So I called my county's Animal control service and the department of agriculture to see where to start in the venture yesterday, not much details except they gave me a contact email for someone that knows about the process in prepping for chickens in a residential area. Unfortunately the email didn't seem to work, lol so I'm going with what I have in resources and the information packet lol. I'll try contacting them again tomorrow, seemed the line was busy today.

I went further into the checklist from the "license application and information packet" and just finished filling out the Backyard chicken registry and approval form along with the chicken and duck license application. Mailed those documents in with the check for the inspection fee and license. Ordered a starter small coop from overez coop and a decent size enclosure from amazon based on county's regulations. (it's a starter plan but I think I will upgrade to something bigger in the future if I expand from the plan of two chickens to four). Looking forward to how things play out from here, but trying to get all the preparations ready before I get the chickens in lol. I'm really glad my area has no HOA. I should also check out the local tractor store to get some ideas and supplies as this progresses. Hopefully I'm doing right with the sequence, feels like I am missing something lol. :)

Update: So I called my county's Animal control service and the department of agriculture to see where to start in the venture yesterday, not much details except they gave me a contact email for someone that knows about the process in prepping for chickens in a residential area. Unfortunately the email didn't seem to work, lol so I'm going with what I have in resources and the information packet lol. I'll try contacting them again tomorrow, seemed the line was busy today.

I went further into the checklist from the "license application and information packet" and just finished filling out the Backyard chicken registry and approval form along with the chicken and duck license application. Mailed those documents in with the check for the inspection fee and license. Ordered a starter small coop from overez coop and a decent size enclosure from amazon based on county's regulations. (it's a starter plan but I think I will upgrade to something bigger in the future if I expand from the plan of two chickens to four). Looking forward to how things play out from here, but trying to get all the preparations ready before I get the chickens in lol. I'm really glad my area has no HOA. I should also check out the local tractor store to get some ideas and supplies as this progresses. Hopefully I'm doing right with the sequence, feels like I am missing something lol. :)
Update: Great news. Last week I was able to have the poultry registration for my premise approved last Friday. Today is even greater news that I am approved for the chicken license in Anne Arundel County. As mentioned before, I am planning to start with two EE which my area allows up to four hens based on regulations. I believe the process took maybe a little over a month but I kept following up on the progress and retained my documents for my records.

[URGENT]
20210423_171238.jpg

#goose #geese for pick up only - Sadly, my lovely goslings are to be 'removed' in 48 hours according to police officer after neighbor reported them...obviously their dog does not like these lovely creatures! But they are healthy, hatched from eggs purchase from NPIP registered flock, 20 days old, and very good at picking grass! They follow you wherever you go! LOCATION is MD 20850, please PM or email [email protected] if interested - they have to be picked up by new owners by next Monday!!!! Otherwise they will be taken away...

[URGENT]
20210423_171238.jpg

#goose #geese for pick up only - Sadly, my lovely goslings are to be 'removed' in 48 hours according to police officer after neighbor reported them...obviously their dog does not like these lovely creatures! But they are healthy, hatched from eggs purchase from NPIP registered flock, 20 days old, and very good at picking grass! They follow you wherever you go! LOCATION is MD 20850, please PM or email [email protected] if interested - they have to be picked up by new owners by next Monday!!!! Otherwise they will be taken away...
Are those chinese brown and a white or an American buff ?

Back
Top Bottom